Let’s stick to the facts.
We know what employee communications is; It’s the variety of ways that companies share information with their employees. It’s how companies can use that information, both internally and externally, to achieve engagement, understanding, and input. It’s a term that includes the new digital reality of information sharing, and the ways in which it can become part of a broader communications strategy.
The next question we need to answer is why it matters. Why is it so important for a company to have an effective employee communications platform? What does a business have to gain by becoming a part of an employee’s online ecosystem and daily routine?
Of course, we could try to answer this question with a discussion about the role of social media in everyday life. Or how we share and engage with information in the digital era. Even a chat about the evolution of internal communications could shed some light. But sometimes the most convincing evidence is simple statistics. After all, numbers are hard to argue with. So here are 5 of the most impressive employee communications facts from the 10 we’ve gathered. And the numbers are hard to argue with: employee communications doesn’t just matter, it’s an absolutely critical component of any successful company’s communications strategy today.
Why is employee communications so important?
1. Excellent internal communications can lead to a 40% increase in customer satisfaction.
2. Companies with good communications are 4x as likely to have high levels of engagement.
3. Productivity in organizations with connected employees improves by 20-25%.
4. Companies that are highly effective communicators had 47% higher returns to shareholders.
5. Highly engaged employees can improve a company’s operating income by 19.2% over a 12-month period.
Need more convincing? Take a look at the entire list below, with our “10 Crucial Facts” infographic.