It applies to Sociabble web and mobile applications: https://app.sociabble.com and the “Sociabble” official application available in “Playstore” and “Appstore” (the “Services”).
- Explain the way we use information that you share with us in order to build great service and give you a great experience,
- Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, as well as what we do — and do not do — with it,
- Hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, if you would like to make any amendments to your personal information, or if you would like us to deactivate your account and/or remove any personal information, please contact us at:
Data Collection and Use
In order to inform a User or to register and link the User’s social media accounts to the Services, it is necessary for the Company to collect certain personal information. We collect this information to establish your identity when you fill out one of our forms (for example, the contact request form), when you log in to the application, to personalize your experience when you enter the application, to identify you with your company account, and any other information relevant to the Services.
Details required by Sociabble include:
- First name,
- Last name,
- Professional email address
Additional information that may be added by the User upon registration may include:
- Profile picture
- User group,
- Company subsidiary / location
- Mobile phone
- A short bio
In terms of the social network accounts connected to Sociabble, only temporary authorization tokens are stored on Sociabble. In no instance are social network account passwords stored on Sociabble. Sociabble also records the number of social network connections. However, Sociabble never records the contact information of Sociabble users’ social media connections.
Actions on social networks that are recorded include:
- The post(s) shared
- The network(s) on which it is shared (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- The date and time of the share
The content of the personal comments written by users when they share posts are not stored, unless requested by the client for legal reasons. For example, if a bank requires all actions to be traceable for auditing purposes.
Use of collected information
User contact information may be used by the Company in order to provide additional information about the Services. You may unsubscribe to any such communications at any time by contacting email@example.com.
The data collected (including personal information and activity information) will be used in connection with the Services provided by the Company. This includes, without limitation:
- The creation of your user profile
- Monitoring of actions taken in the context of use of the Services
- The creation of the user experience of the Services (such as sharing posts onto social network accounts, receiving points based on shares, and forming internal teams, etc…)
- The aggregation of data on the overall activity on the platform in the form of statistics which provide the overall site demographic information
Aggregate data, which contains non-personally identifiable information, may be used in order to provide an overview of the activity within the platform. This information may be available outside the platform, may be used by the Company to provide statistics on the platform, and/or may be sold to third parties.
The Sociabble platform requires a certain amount of personal user information. This data, as well as other information users may provide if considered appropriate, is used by Sociabble and the client’s chosen platform administrators.
Data is collected by Sociabble to allow for an efficient user experience when sharing on social networks, and to facilitate challenges, leaderboards, and statistics that allow clients to follow user activity on the platform.
How can users access, verify, correct, and if necessary, remove their personal information?
Users can access and modify their personal information and preferences, including name and surname.
They can at any time refuse the Company access to any of the social network accounts they have connected to the platform. This is a simple procedure that is carried out on the platform itself. The removal of the Sociabble application can also be carried out via the settings of any social network account.
For example, if you have authorized us to access your information via the YouTube API services, in addition to our normal procedure for deleting stored data, you may revoke our access to your data via the Google security settings page, located at https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions
All statistics relating to user activity are visible on the personal dashboard. If a problem is detected, it should be transmitted to the platform administrator and support.
Users can request for their Sociabble account to be deleted at any time through their platform administrator and support. In such instances, the request is acknowledged in a timely manner and is made anonymous within 30 working days. Additionally, it may take up to 30 days for data to be completely cleaned off technical logs and data backups. An email is sent to users once the process is complete.
How long is data stored by Sociabble?
The data is stored by Sociabble for the duration of the client’s contract. At the end of the contract, personal data is made anonymous and connections to social network accounts deleted.
Once all data is cleaned, no reversal is possible.
Cookies and similar technology
Here are the cookies Sociabble uses to improve and secure your user experience:
- Session cookies that expires at the end of the user session (when the user closes the browser or the tab)
- Technical cookies necessary for the proper functioning of the application which have a 30 days lifespan (ie. authentication)
- A cookie within the cookie banner which has a 1-year lifespan
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. As many services do, we use pixels to learn whether you have interacted with certain email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows an application to store information locally on your mobile device. We use local storage to customize, secure and improve your application.
Declaration of Confidentiality Relative to the Use of Google Analytics
- Data in google analytics is only used for anonymous usage statistics and product improvement
- There is no data sharing to other google services or sites such as advertising and tracking services
- IP is anonymized
- Data is kept for 13 months
The User’s IP address will only be fully transmitted and abbreviated by Google in the United States in exceptional cases. Upon authorization by the Site operator, Google will use this information to assess the User’s use of the Site in order to generate reports on user activity and provide other services linked to use of the Site and the internet for the Site operator. The IP address of the user’s browser transmitted in the context of Google Analytics is not linked to other Google data.
Users can prevent cookies from being recorded through a setting on their browser. They can also prevent general data being collected by the cookie related to use of the Site by Google (including IP address) as well as the processing of this data by downloading and installing the plug-in available via the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Photos and Camera: We will not access your photos or your storage without first gaining your explicit permission and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. If you give us permission to access storage, we will only use images that you specifically choose to share with us. You may use our application to select the photo or photos you choose to share. Please note: we will never import photos that you review, except those you explicitly share.
Sub-processors and transfer to other countries
Sociabble shares no personal information with third parties for any other meaning than defined in the data processing agreement.
Sociabble transfers, processes and stores information on servers located inside the European Economic Area. Sociabble may also share some information for specific services with other sub–processors located in the USA. All sub processors are carefully evaluated by Sociabble and are compliant with state of the art Security and Confidentiality Certifications (ISO 27001, ISO 27018 SOC2) and with the General Data Protection Regulation (Privacy Shield or EU Modal Standard Contractual Clauses).
The Company is committed to the privacy of its Users, and the safety of Users’ personal information. The Site uses reasonable measures to protect your personal information during transmission on the Services and to protect against the loss, misuse and access use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of that information. We will make legally required disclosures based on any perceived breach of security, confidentiality, or integrity of your personally stored unencrypted data without unreasonable delay.
Links to Other Websites, such as Blogs and Social Networks